Gently lead

Today was a day that I felt I just couldn't keep things up.  I could't teach, clean, parent, wife, cook, smile, pretend to be pleasant... or really even get dressed... Or I could, but it was going to involve a lot of crying and even more yelling.   I felt like everyone's dipper was in this shallow well and it was dry, dry, DRY! 

So after some crying and some yelling....  I wrote out the days schedule, and the boys are just plodding through it almost entirely on their own today.  Who knew? 


Today was a reminder that I am not their education.  I am not their salvation.  I'm not my salvation, either.  The Lord has His perfect plans for them, and certianly they involve me, but they aren't my plans and I can neither foil them nor further them outside of God's perfect will.   


Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."


Please, Lord, gently lead.